Wednesday, June 14, 2017
Thursday, June 8, 2017
Go RTA” summer fun program allows up to three children 12 and under to ride RTA free when accompanied by a fare-paying adult, age 18 or older. Up to three children may ride with each adult.
The promotion runs between Saturday, June 10, and Sunday, August 6.
RTA is working with a host of partners, sponsors and venues to provide awareness of the many family-friendly opportunities, and to help them get there in the most fun, convenient and affordable way possible. Showing your RTA fare card or mobile ticket provides discounts at many restaurants and venues in the area.
These are some of our family favorite one-tank trips from northeast Ohio for young kids (2-12 probably). If you are on Pinterest, click out my links on the bottom left side of my blog. If you have a zoo and/or science center membership (*), you can do these trips very reasonably. You don't have travel far and spend a lot of money to make memories with your families.
Here's a link to cheap/free activities in our area.
- Zoo* - Very nice zoo
- Science Center* - Imagination Station - one of our favorite science centers
- Sauder Village - kids are free on Sun
- Splash Lagoon - Friendly indoor water park for young kids, can ride double on some of the slides
- Waldameer - Memorial Day-Labor Day - great amusement park for young kids (under 12 probably). Usually doesn't have long lines. It's free to get into the amusement park which is great if you don't want to ride the rides but the rest of the family does. All day wristbands not that expensive. Also has a fun big water park. We can easily spend a day at each park.
- Presque Isle - nice beaches
- Science Center - Carnegie* - very nice for variety of ages
- Children's Museum* - nice for young kids
- Aviary* - within walking distance of Children's Museum (save on parking)
- Kennywood - I have heard good things about this amusement park south of Pittsburgh
- Natural History Museum* - park once & go to art museum & botanical garden
- Art Museum - free
- Botanical Garden
- Great Lakes Science Center*
- Boonshoft Museum of Discovery* - on science center & zoo memberships
- Air Force Museum - free
- Young's Dairy
- Zoo* - one of our favorites
- EnterTRAINment Center - for kids that like trains
- Creation Museum & Ark
- Trammel Fossil Park - dig for your own fossils in nature for free